50 Creative Persuasive Speech Topics For College Students
When you are asked to deliver a speech as part of your college assignment, you start looking for topics that are different from what all others have been using. You want to stand out among the students and appreciated by everybody.
From among the persuasive speech topics listed here, choose the one that you are most well-informed about or make sure you have the time needed to research and prepare a comprehensive speech that covers every aspect of the topic. This will help you talk to the point without rambling.
Use illustrations, stories, examples, epigrams and other tools in your persuasive speech, to make it effective. Did I say, use humor where necessary?
List of 50 Persuasive Speech Topics For College Students
- Media leaks of the spying on domestic and International communications, including citizens, by intelligence agencies. (hot)
- Supporting the Local Food movement by buying and eating the local food.
- The ban on exploiting the Antarctic resources “restricting it to a “natural reserve” devoted to science and peace” should be maintained.
- Magazines marketed for teenagers send the wrong moral and ethical messages.
- Self-proclaimed “militia” should be closely monitored by the FBI.
- Tax incentives for international adoption.
- The government should cut off all foreign aid to dictatorships.
- Online education is just as good as classroom learning.
- Banning of in-virtro transplants.
- Tattooing of minors, whether accompanied by their legal guardian or with a written consent from the legal guardian.
- Abolish reliance on SAT and ACT scores in admissions.
- Cameras placed in federal courtrooms to televise all trials.
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses, for college scholarship athletes.
- Students should take foreign language courses (or any other type of specific course).
- The use of technological devices in Education.
- College beauty contests should not be encouraged.
- Unstaffed scientific missions are less expensive than staffed space flights.
- Students should not be pushed to compete at athletics.
- Pass a federal law to keep the trunk release systems on all new cars standard, to help children’s lives.
- It is important to have equal representation of genders and races in political office.
- Cell phone use and texting cause lower levels of concentration and focus.
- Text books should be replaced by I-Pads and online resources.
- College students should exercise caution when posting on social media sites.
- A border fence will not solve the immigration problem.
- Cyber attacks can prove harmful to countries.
- More recycling has to be encouraged.
- College network should have filters to prevent access of inappropriate materials.
- Social networks should be allowed in school.
- Should girls be allowed on the wrestling and football teams?
- Concentrate more on domestic terrorism than terrorism from other countries.
- Identity theft is a huge problem and should be paid attention to.
- The feminist movement devalued motherhood.
- Prohibit offshore drilling until oil companies do some disaster control.
- The reforming of the school system.
- The government should limit advertising aimed at children.
- Fast food restaurants should display calorie counts.
- The current tax system is unfair to the middle-class and lower-income groups.
- Churches should not be required to pay taxes.
- Chronic mental patients should be housed in “halfway houses” in the community, rather than suffer further in mental hospitals
- Billboards should be outlawed on interstate highways.
- Psychiatrists and psychologists should testify in court on behalf of the non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea.
- A National Health Insurance Program should exist to guarantee basic medical care of all Americans, regardless of income.
- Hotels and motels should increase security to reduce the rising crimes against their guests.
- Child molesters should not be allowed to adopt children. Childcare authorities should carefully screen prospective parents.
- Stop selling weapons to other countries.
- The effects of marrying before completion of school.
- What should the role of the United Nations be?
- Use music and art to rehabilitate prisoners.
- Educated people should volunteer as literacy tutors.
- The construction of Olympic venues in the buffer areas of the UNESCO protected sites is harmful. (hot issue)
As you can see, many of the topics listed are new and address the current issues happening in the World today. Perform extensive research on the topic of your choice and create an impressive persuasive speech that people will remember for long.
6 Responses to “50 Creative Persuasive Speech Topics For College Students”
Read below or add a comment…
I was wondering if you would be able to write a persuasive speech for my brother, who needs to write a speech about a controversial issue. He wants to either do the speech about the case where the parents gave away their kid to a different mother because he was disabled or the case of how celebrity nudes were released, and how this could be prevented in the future?
If you aren’t able to write the speech, would you be able to email me the layout which you would personally use for both speeches so I can give him the option. I don’t really know how to write a speech and am busy doing my a levels, so it’s just something for him to really do by himself
Thank you if you can help;
You seem to be missing the part about YOUR BROTHER being the one who needs to perform work the work. That’s the whole point of the assignment. I assure you it was not assigned because the teacher actually needed your brother to explain the topic.
I would like to advise the word ‘race’ as in the list is not appropriated. ’20: It is important to have equal representation of genders and races in political office.’ We are talking about Human Being and so ‘nationality’, ‘origin’, or ‘culture’ are words that have to be used. Thanks!
I disagree this list is talking about americans in political office therefore race is correct. In addition origin can be used for Hispanics since Hispanic isn’t a race.
i want knew something
I would like to write a speech about advising those who believe in failure in such that they give up on their dreams a and believe that there is no use to live and that ends up making them thinking of committing suicide…may somebody pls help on how to estimate the words by sending their thoughts to my email